Horde Prime Takes a Holiday is the 18th episode of She-Ra: Princess of Power.
Horde Prime leaves his warship, the Velvet Glove in Hordak's care while he goes on holiday. Despite Horde Prime warning him not to use it, Hordak plans to use the ship to first conquer Etheria, then Eternia. The Sorceress and Prince Adam learn of his plot, and the Sorceress tells Adam he must become He-Man and go to Etheria to help She-Ra. However, Skeletor also gets wind of Hordak's plan, and plots to steal the ship for himself.
Even with their combined strength, the twins struggle with the Velvet Gloves freeze ray which suddenly deactivates. Skeletor has boarded the Velvet Glove, and he and Hordak begin fighting over the ship. He-Man and She-Ra must act fast before one of them wins and gains control of the most powerful warship in the galaxy.
He-Man: "She-Ra and I want to talk to you about something that's very personal; your body".
She-Ra: "Remember, it's your body and no one should touch you in a way that you feel is wrong".
Orko: (punching the air) "I'll get anybody who tries it!"
She-Ra: "It's not that easy Orko. It's hard for a young person to admit that he or she has been touched in a bad way".
He-Man: "If you've been touched that way, don't be ashamed. Tell someone you trust, like your parents, your doctor, your teacher, or counsellor, or your minister or rabbi".
She-Ra: "Right, Orko?"
Orko: "Right on!"
- Horde Prime (first Filmation appearance)
- Horde Troopers
- Multi-Bot (first Filmation appearance)
- Melendy Britt as She-Ra/Princess Adora
- George DiCenzo as Hordak and Bow
- Linda Gary as the Sorceress
- John Erwin as He-Man/Prince Adam
- Alan Oppenheimer as Skeletor
- Erika Scheimer as Villager
- Lou Scheimer (credited as Erik Gunden) as Kowl, Swift Wind, Mantenna, Multi-Bot, Horde Prime and Orko
Behind the Scenes
- Script was approved March 7, 1985 and final script revision took place on May 2, 1985.
- This is the only episode in which Loo-Kee does not do a moral segment, Instead He-Man and She-Ra present the moral with a cameo by Orko.
- The original moral featured Loo-Kee explaining that one should always ask for permission instead of just taking something that belongs to another.
- At one point She-Ra uses a telescope to look at the battle between Skeletor and Hordak. According to the script, she used her Sword of Protection's shape shifting abilities to create this telescope.
- The animation of Horkdak conversing with Horde Prime aboard the Velvet Glove will be used again, with different dialogue, in Bow's Magical Gift.
- The animation of He-Man swinging on a rope with a shocked expression was previously seen in the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe episode Quest for the Sword.
- The close-up of He-Man straining to hold on to the Velvet Glove was originally used in the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe episode One for All.
- The animated sequence of Adora with her sword already unsheathed before she begins her transformation into She-Ra was previously seen in She-Ra Unchained, Battle for Bright Moon and Friendship. It will be seen again in the episodes The Stone in the Sword and Book Burning.
- The moral sequence, featuring the exact same dialogue, is reused in the episode of Filmation's BraveStarr titled Call to Arms.
- Big Cartoon Database
- Frank's He-Man.org
- Internet Movie Database
- The TVDB
- Ultimate She-Ra Guide
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|A Loss for Words||Dvd Order||Enchanted Castle|