Evil Mutant Spy from the foggy polar region of evil planet Denebria. The Denebrian fog is so dense here that he has a spyball eyeball that sees through almost anything. His rotating spyball and his Photon Neutralizer weapon make him one of the meanest mutants in the Tri-Solar System.
Battle Equipment: Photon Neutralizer weapon.
Skeletor recovers Slush Head and Optikk in The Revenge of Skeletor! to attack the Titus observatory. There, Optikk knocks one of the technicians out with a direct punch (despite holding his gun in that same hand). Optikk is defeated by Kayo, who punches him on the face/eye while saying "made you blink!"
The New Adventures of He-Man
Optikk was a recurring character in the TV series, often acting as a reconnaissance agent for the mutants, he was also the navigator of the Mutant Mothership and had his own console on the bridge that came equiped with a special viewscreen that could show him ten different viewpoints. His armor was darker than the one seen on the figure and minicomics.
Optikk was often a silent figure, who remained on the Mothership while the other Mutants went into battle. Although sometimes his station on the Mothership would be shown without an attendant, suggesting Optikk was not always needed to fly the ship.
Optikk was granted some extra abilities by his giant eye, he could apparently use it as a sensor, being able to tell that the Galactic Guardians were on the bridge of a ship the Mutants raided from some distance away, as shown in the flashback episode The Galactic Guardians. Due to his large eye, Optikk sometimes found himself the subject of Skeletor’s jokes, e.g.: “There’s more here than meets the eye, no offense Optikk” in The Call to the Games, although Optikk never took any offense. Optikk did appear angry at the suggestion he couldn’t see properly, like in The Seeds of Resistance. Optikk appeared to be a good pilot, although not often seen in a pod, in The Games he did manage to take out Spinwit while working with Hoove, and presumed he had killed the Galactic Guardian.
Optikk appeared to get on well with his fellow Mutants, Crita once told him to stay out of a mutiny staged by Staghorn, telling him to let them to battle it out. Optikk listened at first, but did eventually join Staghorn’s mutiny, bringing a Terrorclaw from the docking bay to help them get onto the sealed off bridge. Optikk seemed fairly intelligent, although occasionally was prone to goofy accidents.
When the Mutants went up against the Galactic Guardians in 'The Games' near the end of the series, Optikk received a weapons upgrade from Yolt, the Blacksmith of Crelus. He was given new armor and a deadly missile launcher which was attached above his eye, increasing his aim. He used this to great effect during the games, where he took an active role thanks to his powerful new weapons.
Although seen often, many of Optikk’s appearances were little more than non-speaking cameos. When Optikk did appear, he didn’t usually have many lines, often remaining an ominous figure in the background. However, his role was expanded after his upgrade, at which time he even began arguing with Slush Head like his minicomic self.
The New Adventures of He-Man (cartoon)
- 01 A New Beginning
- 04 Attack on Onnor (non speaking role)
- 05 The Ultimate Challenge
- 06 Sword & Staff
- 14 The Seeds of Resistance
- 15 The Battle for Levitan
- 20 Fading Star (non speaking role)
- 22 The Mind Lens (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 23 Adam's Adventure
- 28 Cold Freeze (non speaking role)
- 31 The Galactic Guardians (non speaking role) (appears in flashback)
- 36 A Plague Upon Primus (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 40 The New Wizard in Town (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 42 He-Fan (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 46 No Easy Way (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 49 Dreadator (cameo) (non speaking role)
- 50 Mutiny on the Mothership
- 51 Rock to the Future (non speaking role)
- 54 The Tornadoes of Zil
- 55 The Taking of Levitan
- 57 The Power of the Good and the Way of the Magic (non speaking role)
- 59 There's Gems In Them Hills (non speaking role)
- 60 The Call to the Games (non speaking role)
- 61 The Blacksmith of Crelus
- 62 A Time To Leave (non speaking role)
- 63 The Games
- 64 Flogg's Revenge
- 65 The Final Invasion (non speaking role)