The Galactic Guardians is the 31st episode of The New Adventures of He-Man.
During a relaxing camping trip, the Guardians reminisce about their first mission involving Artilla, Spinwit and Tuskador, who had been recruited by Sagitar. It involved the container ship Blatazeen 5, it's lethal gas cargo and the dangerous robot crew.
The Galactic Guardians make an excursion to recover from recent fighting. Sitting around the campfire, they reminisce about past battles.
(from this point, the story is a flashback)
Flipshot and Hydron reminisce about the container ship Blatazeen 5, which was carrying poisonous Deenos Gas and was blown off course. The entire planet Primus was in danger and so the Galactic Guardians had to act. For this mission, Hydron and Flipshot train new recruits Artilla, Spinwit, Tuskador and the previously known Sagitar.
He-Man and his friends set out the transport ship back on the right course. Skeletor and the Mutants find about this, and the Overlord of Evil immediately forges a plan to get rid of his nemesis. He decides to destroy the transport ship with all his enemies on board.
The Mutants attack the transport ship with their mothership, hoping to destroy it. However, although Gepple warns Skeletor by viewscreen that an explosion would also harm Nordor and Denebria, Skeletor goes on with his attack and hijacks the cargo ship. He-Man and the Galactic Guardians must fight against the mutants and the robot army of the ship at the same time.
Once the scientists have corrected the course of the transport ship, He-Man and his friends defeat Skeletor, the mutants and the robot army. They return victorious to Primus in the Starship Eternia. Skeletor and company, however, must now deal with the Homing Bots. Primus has been saved once again by He-Man and the Galactic Guardians.
After they stop reminiscing, He-Man and the Galactic Guardians swear solemnly, always stand up for peace and the planet Primus ...
Hydron advises Flipshot to order his tools aside when he stops working, but Flipshot does not listen and promptly steps on a laser torch.
Behind the Scenes
- The flashback can only happen between Sword & Staff and The Pen Is Mightier Than the Sword... Or Is It?, as in the first one Skeletor gets his "Disks of Doom" armor (which he wears in the flashback story) and the second one already shows Artilla, Spinwit and Tuskador as Galactic Guardians. However, Tuskador and Artilla are seen piloting Battle Birds, which the Scientists first cobbled together from spare parts in The Battle for Levitan.
- Flipshot refers to himself as "The Fabulous Flipshot".
- Crita (non speaking role) (appears in flashback)
- Flogg (appears in flashback)
- Lizorr (non speaking role) (appears in flashback)
- Optikk (non speaking role) (appears in flashback)
- Slush Head (non speaking role) (appears in flashback)
- Mutant Troopers (appear in flashback)
- Skeletor (appears in flashback)
- Nordor (appears in flashback)
- Astrosub (appears in flashback)
- Battle Bird (appears in flashback)
- Blatazeen 5 (appears in flashback)
- Bolajet (mentioned)
- Mutant Mothership (appears in flashback)]
- Starship Eternia (appears in flashback)
- Don Brown as Hydron and Gepple
- Garry Chalk as He-Man and Artilla
- Ted Cole as Slush Head and Gleep
- Campbell Lane as Skeletor and Sagitar
- Scott McNeil as Flipshot and Krex
- Doug Parker as Adam of Grayskull
- Alvin Sanders as Flogg and Tuskador
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|Slaves to the Machine||Production Order||The Siege of Serus|